Family-Based Visa Attorney in Coral Gables
Helping You Reunite with Loved Ones in the U.S.
Family-based visas are the most common and effective methods of immigration. Both U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents can sponsor certain family members for nonimmigrant visas or green cards. To begin this process, the citizen or permanent resident must file a petition on behalf of their family member. Once they are approved for a visa, the family member can come to the U.S. and adjust their status to permanent residence.
At The Law Offices of Sandra I. Murado P.A., our Coral Gables immigration lawyer offers a full range of services to meet your family-based immigration needs. With 25+ years of experience, our attorney has what it takes to give your case the highest possible likelihood of success.
Some of the services we provide include:
- Petitions for parents, children, spouses, and siblings
- Marriage-based residency for same-sex couples
- Provisional waivers
- Consular processing
- Representation at residence interviews
- Powerful defense and support at USCIS offices for any motions to reopen or reconsider cases
- Use of the Child Status Protection Act to help applicants who began an application process as a minor but have become adults before the completion of the adjudication process
You can trust The Law Offices of Sandra I. Murado P.A. to fully support you. Our Coral Gables family-based visa attorney is eager to help.
There are two primary categories of immigration in terms of family relationships, which are given different levels of priority.
These classifications are:
1. Immediate Relatives. People who are immediately related to U.S. citizens automatically receive the highest priority level. If you are related to a U.S. citizen, you will not be restricted by a certain number of available visas, which means you will not be placed onto a waiting list. According to USCIS, immediate relatives are spouses, unmarried children who are younger than 21 years of age, orphans who have been adopted abroad or in the U.S., and parents (so long as the U.S. citizen is at least 21 years old during the application process).
2. Family Preference Immigrant Visas. Non-immediate relatives of U.S. citizens and close relatives of lawful permanent residents are divided in terms of preference levels. If you fall into a lower ranking of preference level, you must wait until your visa becomes available. The preference categories are: 1) U.S. citizens’ unmarried sons and daughters, 2) lawful permanent residents’ spouses and unmarried sons and daughters, 3) U.S. citizens’ married daughters and sons, along with their spouses and children, and 4) U.S. citizens’ siblings, along with their spouses and minor children.
In addition to the green card application process, our attorney can also help you or your spouse/fiancé(e) obtain a K visa or V visa. Both visas allow you to shorten the length of time you and your partner remain apart due to the adjudication process.
Attorney Murado works tirelessly to understand and accomplish your legal, financial, and personal goals. She is personally dedicated to helping families reunite in the United States, and she is prepared to do everything in her professional power to help you do this in as little time as possible. When you take on the immigration system, you can depend on The Law Offices of Sandra I. Murado P.A. to go to bat for you and your loved ones.
Our attorney believes in providing solutions and comprehensive long-term strategies, all with your legal, personal, and financial goals in mind.
All clients receive one-on-one attention with Sandra Murado to discuss their unique case.
Spanish Services Available
Sandra Murado provides immigration legal services in both English and Spanish.
Sandra Murado has over 20 years of experience of dealing with immigration law matters.